Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Indian w/ a Thai Twist!

I am FINALLY settling into in my new house in Louisville and most importantly my new kitchen. I love it! I have only cooked a handful of meals and finally ran into one that is worth writing about. I have a total romantic connection with Thai food; I mean you have to leave me a alone with my coconut curry chicken and give me a moment. So because of my great love I tried to make my version of this dish with an Indian flare.

Ingredients:
-3 large carrots finely chopped
-1 large sweet onion finely chopped
-1 cup frozen pea
-1 green pepper roughly chopped
-1 red pepper roughly chopped
-1 tablespoon garlic
-1 cup brown rice
-1 lb cooked chicken chopped
-1/2 cup coconut milk (more depending on creaminess/sweetness)
-1 large can tomato puree
-1 tablespoon curry
-1/2 tablespoon paprika
-cilantro
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:
Sautee all vegetables together until soft with olive oil. Start cooking rice. Cook chicken until browned with olive oil. Add tomato puree and spices on top of chicken and simmer for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes. Combine all vegetables, rice and chicken with the sauce. Drizzle more coconut milk over the top with chopped cilantro. Serve family style in a big beautiful bowl. Will serve 4-5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Searching against this on some time any longer - i estimate luck is more advanced than search engines
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]