Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Pennyless Christmas Gift!

Just thought for those of you non-Type A-ers out there (I guess that would make us Type B-ers) that aren't finished Christmas shopping you may want a "pennyless" idea for a gift this year. Sometimes it's hard to come up with something relatively creative and budget-friendly for those precious people that pour so much time into our children. So here's what we are doing this year for those people; Simms' teachers.
I got poinsettias for $0.98 a piece at Lowe's on Black Friday weekend, but I think they only cost around $2.00 there now. I took off the "fancy", shiny, gold paper around the pot and covered them with material I had on hand, burlap. Also, tied red ribbon around them I also had, and changed the look of them pretty drastically.
Then, with the help of my much-more artistic husband, he drew some gift tags for me in the shape of watering cans.




I cut wooden skewers in half and then simply taped the tag to the stick. 



 Then I wrote:

THANKS FOR HELPING ME TO GROW THIS YEAR;
ESPECIALLY IN THE LORD!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

LOVE,
SIMMS




Stuck the gift tag in the pot and voila!



Merry Christmas!

No comments: