Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Hood: Continued


The hood is still hanging there (see post below), my husband Matt, propped it up with just a wooden spoon and it held there throughout the night without so much as a budge. And I thought my invention was so much better, then in he comes with all his skills and gets it to stay. This just is not going to go over very well though, if it is not fixed soon.
Here's the whole thing, the hood was screwed in by two of the oldest screws I've ever seen in my life on the right hand side. They are incredibly rusty and bent up. Then on the left hand side it was held up with three of the other oldest screws I've ever seen. Plus it was screwed into the particle board on the edge of the cabinet, instead of directly into the actual wood of the cabinet, which just couldn't hold the weight of the metal hood. I'm not an expert in cabinet/hood installation, but I do know it just wasn't going to stay up there for the long haul, obviously. I don't know how it's stayed as long as it has.
The stove just looks so sad, don't you think? It's almost like she's going through a season of depression.
Anyways, telling you about this is sending me into a slight depression; so on another topic we did end up having the dinner I planned, and I can't wait to share it with you! As my son would say as he rubs his cute, little belly, "yummy in my tummy!"

No comments: