Thursday, November 11, 2010

Easy, Oozy, Cheesy Leftovers

Because of my non-Type-A disease that I have been diagnosed with (I guess it would be clinically titled Type B), surprise, menu plan changed again! Not to make an excuse for my illness, but I just had one of those days where I didn't feel like cooking chili or anything else on the planned menu. Migraine from the moment my eyes opened, and then every little noise made the constant pounding in my head a hundred decibels louder. So after I tried to rest a bit and I threw-up (I know gross, especially talking about food, my Momma says I have no manners) it was time to figure out what I felt like cooking, if anything. Then I remembered I had this big container of leftover spaghetti from last night that was just begging to be used; so I gave in to it's plea and made another meal out of it. Thank you left over spaghetti. So now Thursday night of the spending freeze has become (drum roll please).....



Easy, Oozy, Cheesy Spaghetty Bake












Ingredients
Leftover Spaghetti
tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups cheese (I used Colby since that's all I had.)
2 tbsp dried basil
2 tbsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp dried thyme
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 egg
2 tbsp milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a casserole dish with oil. In a large bowl mix leftover spaghetti with dried herbs, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small separate bowl whisk egg and milk. Place half of seasoned spaghetti in prepared casserole dish. Cover portion with 2 cups of cheese. Place rest of spaghetti on top layering it. Pour egg mixture over the layered spaghetti and top with remaining 2 cups of cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with vegetable or salad.
Just a thought; this dish would also be good layering in your favorite pizza toppings. My college roommate Jen taught me that trick.

So all in all a good ending to a not so good beginning. Saved money, time, and energy! High fives all around.



Don't forget to pour this on. I almost did it gives the dish it's creamy and rich consistency.



Time to bake.....I love cheese. I could bathe in cheese.


No comments: