Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Not your normal nachos....

We made homemade pizzas last night, and with the extra toppings I decided to make an appetizer because my little man was "starving"! I highly doubt he was starving, but while we were waiting on our pizzas to bake and to help him out I made some pizza nachos. Next time Simms is "starving" I will thank him and make these again. They were to die for and are so easy!

Start by layering your tortilla chips and favorite, sauteed pizza toppings on an oven proof platter. I used mushrooms, caramelized onions, sweet Italian sausage, green pepper, and pepperoni.

Then grate your cheese on top. This is aged white cheddar mixed with bits of Parmesan.

Then melt that yummy cheese till it is warmed through by placing the platter in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
 

Now be prepared to get your mind blown. Dip your chip in pizza sauce that is slightly warm.

This is so good!




No comments: