Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Pennyless Life: "The Southwest Difference"

For of those who don't know, my husband is a Worship Pastor at Springdale Community Church in Louisville, Ky. This week we get to spend together in Dallas, Tx attending The Gateway Worship Conference and exploring the offerings of the city.
So as I sat next to my husband waiting for our plane to take off I noticed tiny beads of sweat forming on the tip of his nose. I couldn't tell if it was the small amount of light coming through the windows of the plane, or if he really was losing color from his face. This is only the second flight we've been on together in 5 years of marriage. So I'll put it to you straight, my husband HATES to fly (hence the only second flight in 5 years of marriage). He's the first one to buckle-up and then he holds on tight from that point on. He's also the only one who pays attention while the flight attendant goes over all the safety precautions.
I on the other hand love the fact you don't have to watch the speed limit, worry about cars flying by you at 80 mph, or taking the wrong exit. I love sitting back and looking out the window at the clouds as the sun hits them just right, while I wait for my honey roasted peanuts and ginger ale. Other than the occasional butterfly I get if we hit a little turbulence that immediately brings images of Oceanic flight 815 to my mind, I'm good to go.
We made it safely and here are a couple of photos my husband managed to take between his panic attacks.



When we looked out our window I couldn't get the song out of my head "How Far Is Heaven".



Hello Dallas!

No comments: