Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Poor Man's Dinner

Already ran into my first dilemma and I haven't even started cooking yet.....I can't find this Julia Child cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" anywhere for a decent price! Actually I can't find it at any price for that matter. Any suggestions?

Dinner was poor man's style cheesy macaroni and mushroom casserole with homegrown tomatoes thanks to a friend for the recipe and my grandparent's garden for the tomatoes. Later it was Gelato in one of my favorite places, Norton Commons, and than back home to make some fresh guacamole with blue corn tortilla chips for a late night snack. The casserole was good, but it was no Julia Child recipe. I have got to find that cook book because tomorrow night is going to be leftover cheesy macaroni and mushroom casserole which is economically ambitious, but not culinary.

I'm not for sure if Julie or Julia would be proud of tonight's dinner, but what's a servantless cook supposed to do without her beloved cookbook?

No comments: