Monday, August 31, 2009

Twisted

Tonight I cooked up what I'm calling a rustic country hash with a twist. It's simple and inexpensive that anyone can easily do. I heated oil in an iron skillet and cut up about five medium potatoes. I let the potatoes fry up while I then cut up one onion and two green peppers. Everything was thrown in the skillet with the potatoes to cook for about 20 minutes. Then a spicy cheese sauce was prepared. In a sauce pan I boiled 2 cups of milk, two jalapenos, a mixture of equal parts flour and melted butter*, and two cups of shredded American cheese. That boiled till thickened and then simmered until the vegetables were cooked. Place mixture on top of fried tortillas or rice and top with cheese sauce. That's it, and it's so good! My mouth is watering while I'm writing this.

*See: Tips to Eat or Cook By

No comments: