Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weird Craving

*Disclaimer: This is The Pennyless Cook NOT The Gourmet Cook.

I had the weirdest craving for lunch and I couldn't put a finger on it until I saw this in my pantry....

See the light shining down on it perfectly, almost angelic-like. It HAD to have been a sign from the Lord. The girl in the yellow sombrero was definitely beckoning me. So I listened, and here is what I made.

Remember people this is The Pennyless Cook*.


Ground Cumin; my absolute favorite Mexican ingredient.


Add a teaspoon of Cumin. Mix well.


My tortillas.

Isn't this bag great? Thanks Daddy and Beverly!


Top corn tortilla with seasoned beans and freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese.


Pop under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.


The best hot sauce in the world! Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, you can find it in the Asian aisle at the grocery.

Now it's SPICY so if you're a wimp don't even bother.




Bean and Cheese Burritos with Hot Sauce.

I had to make it look kind of gourmetish.

I know, not earth-shattering by any means, but it hit the spot.



Thanks Yellow Sombrero Girl!

No comments: