Friday, March 25, 2011

Best Pizza for the Pennyless!

Thanks to my friend Nina I have discovered what I think is the best deal for pizza of all time! I used to think it was Little Casesar's until I was introduced to the $1.99 slice at Costco! Little Caesar's, I am sorry to say, does not stand a chance now. Costco's pizza is seriously some of the best dang pizza I have ever had the pleasure of encountering, and since I am still in remission we are having leftovers for lunch today.
The key to making leftover pizza great is NOT using the microwave. I repeat DO NOT use the microwave. It makes the crust too gooey and just does not do a good piece of pizza justice.
Put a baking sheet in the oven to preheat at 350 degrees. Then put the pizza directly on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. It gives the crust a perfect crunch and texture, and melts the cheese all the way through perfectly. Then when you bite you get a beautiful stretch with the melted cheese. So good!
I think a large cheese pizza at Costco is like $8.99 and you don't have to be a member, just make sure you have cash. There is no reason to add any toppings, just order cheese. I repeat just order cheese.
Sorry, I'm sounding a little bossy, but this is serious business!
Thanks Nina you have taught me so much in my two years as a Louisvillian (don't know if that's a word?), and most importantly about Costco pizza.

If you don't have a Costco where you live I am sorry, so very sorry, and I will pray that you get one soon, very soon!

The most perfect cheese pizza.


Don't you like my pizza plates! And yes I am having two pieces; don't judge.


I have unfortunately started craving this pizza ever since that first bite! I mean it's sitnkin' delicious, but not fat free!


The perfect bite!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I know! That pizza is so good! I was craving it the other day. I have Nina to thank as well! Although, I think it is 1.99 per slice.

Megan McDougal said...

O thanks for that! I think you're right!