Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pennyless Pimento Cheesiness

I love cheese. I think I could live on cheese alone. I can eat it melted, shredded, smeared, sliced, crumbled, juiced, well maybe not the last one, but I love cheese. A little unknown fact about me is that I am very particular about my pimento cheese. Store-bought pimento cheese just does not glorify cheese like it deserves. Honestly it usually gets my gag-reflex going; so I have made it my mission to perfect the art of pimento cheese-making.

Side Note: 8 oz blocks of cheese are 3 for $5 this week at Kroger.

Pennyless Homemade Pimento Cheese
Ingredients:
8 oz Sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
8 oz Colby and Monetrey Jack cheese shredded
2 tbsp pimentos, smashed
3 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
cracked black pepper to taste

Directions:
This is so easy you're going to laugh. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Eat and spread on your favorite bread, crackers, or use your spoon like I do!


Here's the chorus line. Well, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and sugar were late for auditions.


Shred it like you mean it! It gives a great bicep workout.


Leave the cheese nubs for your 3-year-old he will love you for it, plus you won't slice off your fingers so you fingers will love you for it.


Add the cream cheese.


The jar of pimentos was giving me quite a battle. I thought it was going to win....


I eventually did for the sake of pimento cheese.


Smash with a fork.


Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.


Doesn't it look glorious?


Add the mayo.


Sugar it and mix.


Now it's time to eat!


5 comments:

Kelsey Diane said...

1. Cheese is my favorite food!
2. I am going to try this recipe
3. I hope I'm not being creepy following your blog after meeting you once.
4. hopefully that will change soon anyway!

Peace, praise & prayers,
Kelsey Diane

Megan McDougal said...

1. I hope you do try it.
2. I hope you like it.
3. You are not creepy.
4. Yes, that will change for sure!

Megan

Unknown said...

this looks perfect! i'm picky about it too and that sounds amazing!! definitely will have to try this recipe

Megan McDougal said...

You won't be disappointed!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]qybmGWwaNTXDCqBW[/url] - HdWsOFLFwYiI , http://pyfnknfrtw.com