Monday, March 7, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Heart

Since our Texas invasion I have absolutely become obsessed with the show Friday Night Lights. I don't know if it's because of my love of the country and Tex-Mex that has flooded my veins, but whatever the reason I have completely gotten sucked into this show. I watched it when the first season premiered back in the day, but I just finished what I could watch of season 4 on Hulu and now I find myself watching all the episodes I haven't seen. Hulu is great by the way.
This Emmy Award-winning show has believable acting and is shot incredibly well. The videography is intrigueing and beautiful in my opinion (not that my opinion is worth anything on intrigueing videography), but I do know the stories of these people are authentic and familiar. They remind me of those I pass everyday, but the characters tend to speak with a little thicker accent. I do live in Kentucky so the accent isn't that much thicker if I'm honest, and yes we do wear shoes. I love that fact this show has real-life people, with real-life problems who live in real-life homes. They aren't perfect, and neither are we or me anyways. I love that the homes have mismatched furniture and old appliances. I love that there are real conversations happening. That there are prayers said. I love that there are arguements and forgiveness. There is disobedience and obedience. There are even people worshiping in church, and then there are people who get murdered. It sounds kind of skitzafrenic now that I write this all out, but I guess life is skitzafrenic in a sense.
You should check this show out; the season premier is Friday (of course), April 15th. It's gut-wrenching, nerve-racking, and inspiring. It even makes me kind of like football.
Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose, Texas Forever!

No comments: