Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spinach Mushroom Quesadilla Sprinkled with Goat Cheese

Almost every time we're out at a restaurant Simms, my 3-year-old, asks for a cheese quesadilla. I like quesadillas just as much as he does, but I have to admit I have a refined pallet, so it can't be just no ordinary quesadilla.
My husband says I have a spoiled pallet, but I have to disagree. It's extremely refined and civilized.
So in order to satisfy this pallet of mine I took inspiration from The Pioneer Woman.

Here is how I made her Spinach and Mushroom Quesadilla....



Cheese is the most important part!


Slice the shrooms.


Melt butter over medium heat.


Saute those shrooms, and add some more butter. Don't count calories.


Salt-n-Pepa. Well, not the R&B group from the 80's; now I've got "Shoop" in my head. The song.




Add an entire package of spinach, more butter, and season singing "Shoop".


Saute.


Put a corn tortilla on top of a hot, buttered griddle. Cover with lots of cheese. This is crucial!


Add the sauteed spinach.


And the shrooms.


Sprinkle with that goat cheese. Don't you dare leave the goat cheese out. Don't you dare!





Top it off with another tortilla and more butter of course.


Cook evenly on both sides.



Slice in four parts.


Eat it up. Serve with black beans.

Now this is the quesadilla for the refined pallet.

No comments: