Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Heavenly Home

But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them (Hebrews 11:16 NLT).


I think about this often. Whether I am in the low valley, on the mountain top, or when I'm traveling between the two. Wherever I happen to be I tend to think on this.
I yearn for a better place. This place; this quaint house, in a neighborhood of Louisville, Kentucky is good, even great, but it gets better. This is not my home. Here on earth is not permanent. Really this is a far country. I am a stranger (Hebrews 11:13). I know, you don't have to tell me, I don't always look like or act like a stranger, but I hope that mostly to the world I am. With Christ in me, I can confidently say I am.
I imagine what Heaven will be like, but in all actuality it won't matter. Christ will be and is seated on the throne, and He will be all that matters. Even with the streets paved in gold, the beautiful mansions, and even the peacefulness that will fill the city; He will be why it is a better and more glorious place. Peace will come from him. There will no more war. He has won! He was wounded from the battle and captured the victory. He has done this for you; for me. He has  prepared a city, a home, for those that through faith believe. By His blood, He will finally be the only one that we will praise. He is the only one worthy of this. I look forward to the day where there is no more fighting within myself, in my thought-life, within the spiritual realms, and I will be able to fully give Him and Him alone my love. He will get it all, because He is All, and He is where I want to be.
I think Meister Eckhart said it best, "God is at home. We are in the far country." 
I can't wait to go home.

No comments: