Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lunch with a friend

Lunch with my pregnant friend Shanon today got me thinking of an easy, delicious, and healthy meal I could whip up for her. So I made her and her baby vegetable stir fry. Nothing special, but it met all of my qualifications, and as long as there wasn't any seafood present, it met her qualifications as well. She asked how I made it so here it is....
It's similar to my Chicken Fried Rice, but with only vegetables. I cooked the rice separate in chicken broth. I then scrambled two eggs in oil and set them aside on a warm plate. Then I sauteed onion, garlic, and carrots in oil and added some frozen vegetables. The rice is mixed in once the vegetables are cooked through. Cook the rice till brown and add a mixture of chicken broth, terriyaki sauce, fresh ginger, and two tablespoons of water. I then add a splash of white wine and one tablespoon of butter. Cook for five more minutes over medium heat and enjoy!

I added more rice and sauce to the leftovers to stretch this same meal for our dinner. Smart an economical!

No comments: