Friday, September 4, 2009

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Spending time with family and a wedding rehearsal made it impossible to cook dinner tonight, plus the fact the grocery didn't have my 3 pound roasting chicken that I planned on cooking for lunch today. Roasting a chicken, according to Julia, is the mark of a true cook. Though the actual roasting is simple, it takes precision and patience. To make it truly perfect it is quite difficult. I plan on testing my culinary talent this Labor Day weekend, once I find the 3 pound bird of course.
Grocery shopping is usually frustrating enough with a rambunctious 2-year-old who is trying to stand up every 3 seconds, or screaming, or trying to jump out of the cart; but to not find my 3 pound roasting chicken in order to become a "master" of French cooking was so disappointing. However, I did hit up on some of the sales that Meijer was having.....

Meijer
Frozen shrimp close to $2.00 off
buy 1 get 1 free fresh salsa (cheaper than making it)
buy 1 get 1 free tortilla chips
9 for $5.00 Yoplait yogurt
Clearance on 8 rolls of Bounty paper towels

I'll find out tomorrow if Kroger has a 3 pound chicken and also what sales there are to be taken advantage of.

No comments: